• Whitman Idol is being held on April 25. Auditions are March 23 and 24 after school in the Music Hall.

• The media center is looking for poetry submissions during April. Stop by the media center for more info.

March 2 Sports Recap

Boys basketball falls to RM at the buzzer in the regional semifinal

Forward+Kieran+Kindig+goes+up+for+a+layup+in+the+team%27s+tight+loss+to+RM.+Photo+by+Tomas+Castro.+
Forward Kieran Kindig goes up for a layup in the team's tight loss to RM. Photo by Tomas Castro.

By Ben Levin

Boys basketball

The boys basketball team (17–6) was narrowly defeated by the RM Rockets on Tuesday night, losing in the regional finals 55–58.

After losing twice to the Rockets in the regular season, the Vikes mustered their closest outing on the year.

The Vikings remained within striking distance due to strong defense from guard Jack McClelland, and improved scoring from center Kieran Kindig.

“I got into some foul trouble early and that forced Kieran into more playing time than usual,” forward Max Oppenheim said. “He responded great and played very well.”

The Vikes end their season reaching the regional finals for a third consecutive season. Despite the outcome of the game, seniors on the team were proud of the team’s season.

“The season as a whole was amazing,” Oppenheim said. “While the seniors didn’t get to go out the way we’d wanted to, we are proud to have represented Whitman for four years.”