• Donate your old sneakers outside the main office from now until April 22.

• The 2017 talent show is this Thursday, Friday, and Saturday at 7 p.m. Tickets are $15 for adults and $10 for students.

• The deadline for contributions to the Senior Project is April 15. Go to B-212 during 5th period with any questions.

• Seniors: Sign up for JostenRenaissance.com to order graduation announcements and accessories. Use code CBS349.

• The media center is looking for poetry submissions during April. Stop by the media center for more info.

November 5: Football ends season with victory over B-CC

Running back John Haddod looks to extend the ball past the pylon in the first half. Photo by Evan Beckley.

By Daniel Weber

Football

The football team (6–4) defeated the rival B-CC Barons (2–8) Saturday, finishing the season strong with a 38–22 victory.

The offense totalled six touchdowns for the game, four of which were scored by halfback Gunnar Morton. Defensively, the Vikes bounced back from the previous week and forced two turnovers while limiting the Barons to three scores.

Even though this win secured the Vikes a winning record, the team will not advance to the playoffs. Players are disappointed they won’t qualify for the postseason, yet elated to finish the season with a victory of the rival Barons.

“I’m really proud of the team having a winning record with our hard schedule,” defensive tackle Jackson Parker said. “It was sad seeing the season end, but you can’t ask for a better way to go out than beating your biggest rival B-CC. It was a great experience playing on Friday nights in front of the best fans in the county.”