• Donate your old sneakers outside the main office from now until April 22.

• The 2017 talent show is this Thursday, Friday, and Saturday at 7 p.m. Tickets are $15 for adults and $10 for students.

• The deadline for contributions to the Senior Project is April 15. Go to B-212 during 5th period with any questions.

• Seniors: Sign up for JostenRenaissance.com to order graduation announcements and accessories. Use code CBS349.

• The media center is looking for poetry submissions during April. Stop by the media center for more info.

November 1: Boys soccer blows out rival B-CC; girls soccer falls just short against Churchill

Forward Andreas Djurhuus heads in one of his two goals in the first half against B-CC. Photo by Jefferson Luo.

By Kyle Layman and Ben Levin

Boys soccer

The boys soccer team (14–2) dominated rival B-CC Barons 5–0 to continue their playoff run.

From the beginning the Vikes were on the attack. By the end of the first half they had built a 2–0 lead thanks to forward Andreas Djurhuus’s two goals.

“Whenever we got a chance we buried it,” defenseman Dylan Reid said. “And we kept the ball very well against them, and when we did lose it we got it right back.”

The squad kept the pressure up in the second half, pouring on three more goals to extend their lead to 5–0 to seal the game.

The Vikes were led by forwards Andreas Djurhuus and Luciano Cahe who each scored two goals and forward Adam Deutchman who had one goal.

The team’s next game is Thursday night against Walter Johnson, but the game will be played at Blair.

Girls soccer

The girls soccer team’s (9–3–3) season ended Tuesday night with a 2–1 loss in the playoffs against rival Churchill Bulldogs.

Although allowing a mere two goals, tying the most allowed all season, the team was unable to take advantage on offense.

Improving on the stunning first round exit against Walter Johnson from the 2015–2016 season, the Vikes were able to make the second round of the playoffs for the second time in three seasons.

The Vikings haven’t defeated the Bulldogs in the last three contests, with the last victory coming in the 2014–2015 season in which the Vikings won the State Championship.

With only seven seniors leaving the team, the majority of the roster will return next year. The Vikes look to return to state champion status next season behind returning key players.