Whitman hosts first LASJ Social Justice Fair on April 13
Baseball narrowly defeats Churchill 10–9
Track impresses at Northern Virginia Invitationals
Boys and girls tennis competes against Wooton in fifth match of the season
Girls lacrosse demolishes Wheaton 19–2
Baseball dominates Wootton 8–2

Baseball dominates Wootton 8–2

Baseball bounces back after tough loss to B-CC

Putting the loss to B-CC behind them, the baseball team played well to start spring break, winning three games in a row.

The Vikes’ record improved to 6-3 after beating Blake 15-1 on Friday, Churchill 6-1 and Blair 9-7 in a Saturday doubleheader.

The Vikings’ offense exploded in the win against Blake and the game was called after five innings because of the mercy rule.

The Vikes’ batters started the game hot, scoring all 15 of their runs in the first three innings. Shortstop Max Steinhorn had an especially good game, going 3-3 with three runs and a double. Centerfielder Drew Aherne also had a double and led the team with three RBI.

On the mound for the Vikings was senior Alex Lesley. He pitched all five innings and gave up only two hits.

In the team’s 6-1 win against Churchill, pitchers Sean Cook and Dylan Hurd followed Lesley’s example, dominating the opposing offense. Hurd started the game and pitched two innings without giving up a hit while Cook pitched the final five. Cook gave up the lone run in the sixth after Whitman had a comfortable 6-0 lead, but it was unearned because of an error.

The Vikings also got key offense from catcher Max Vogel. He hit a homerun and had three RBI on the day.

Finally against Blair, poor defense plagued the Vikings again, making the game much closer than it could have been. In all, the Vikes made six errors, their second highest total of the season.

Pitcher Alex Cladouhos started for the Vikings and suffered the worst of the defense’s miscues. He threw a total of 101 pitches over the four innings, giving up eight hits, three walks and six runs, though only one of the runs was earned.

The Vikes’ offense, led by first baseman Max Sessions, continued to excel after a poor start to the season.

Sessions was 3-4 during the game and drove in four runs. Shortstop Max Steinhorn also helped out, scoring three runs.

The Vikings finish their Spring break tour Monday with another doubleheader against B-CC and WJ. They will have played five games in four days.