• 'The Crucible' will be presented this Thursday, Friday, and Saturday at 7 p.m. in the auditorium.

• Anyone interested in corollary sports softball should attend the interest meeting in C-213 on Feb. 28 after school.

• Donate duffel bags, sports bags, and x-box games to the bin outside the office for women who have experienced domestic abuse.

Girls basketball tops Wootton, 55-38

By Justin Lancellotta

The girls basketball team defeated the 2-10 Wootton Patriots, 55-38, Jan. 10, improving its record to 7-4 on the season.

Guard Brittany Fleck grabs a rebound from a Wootton defender during a scramble under the basket. Photo by Melissa Kantor.

The Vikes came out strong and took the first quarter, 18-6.

Although the Patriots picked up their defensive hustle in the second quarter, the Vikes continued to dominate, ending the half up 30-12.

The Vikes broke down defensively in the third quarter, with the Patriots outscoring the Vikes 14-11 to cut the lead to 41-26.

With help from guard Brittany Fleck, who again led all Viking scorers with 12 points, the team captured the fourth quarter 14-12 to secure their second straight win.

Forward Linn Bumpers posted a double-double for the Vikes en route to their biggest margin of victory yet this year.

“It was a hard fought game,” Bumpers said. “Hopefully we can keep our win streak going.”

The team looks to continue its winning ways when it hosts the 4-7 Richard Montgomery Rockets Jan. 13 at home.